Spring 2009 - back at OSU

During spring quarter of my sophomore year I lived in a house on 16th and Waldeck (which is just off high street, next to Ohio State’s campus). In total there were eight of us living in the house! I had met one of the other students staying there on Semester at Sea, but the others were initially all strangers. It turned out great and we all got along – so much so that I decided to stay around for the following year too. The house was a dump, but it was cheap and in a great location. And on the plus side, when we threw a party we didn’t have to worry about trashing the place; it pretty much already was a mess!

With some of my roomates
With lots of college guys living together in one house, there was usually a (seemingly) good reason to party

I was glad that I had a guaranteed place to live for my junior year, especially as summer approached and I had other, more immediate things on my mind. I’m referring to what was to be my next trip: a one month language course at a German university during August 09. In addition I decided to travel for a month while I was there, two weeks before and two after the program.

Before heading to Germany I would start in Lisbon,
and then move on to Madrid and Barcelona

After arriving in London on a morning in mid July I took a flight later that evening to Lisbon, Portugal. From Lisbon my plan was to go to Madrid, Barcelona, Nice, and Berlin before heading to the University of Bonn. Since I would be constantly on the move I decided to carry a large backpack instead of using traditional luggage. Before leaving I got my eurorail pass and booked hostels in Lisbon and Madrid, but I left my plans open after that in case I wanted to change my route. So less than four months after coming back from Quito I was back at it again, ready to complete the study abroad trifecta. More on that to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Busan to Osaka

Training in DC and Prep for Georgia

My Dad and Uncle Visit Korea, Part 1