Dining in Japan: Foodgasams Galore
Andrew is much more of a foodie than I am, in the sense that he likes to plan out his meals and document them. As for me, I certainly enjoy food and trying new dishes, but I'm often content with eating whatever I happen to stumble upon when hunger strikes. Of all the things about Japan that Andrew was looking forward to, food topped the list. Predictably I was less enthusiastic (that's not to say I wasn't excited about it though). Thinking back on all the meals I had in Japan, it's hard to overstate just how good the food was. Before our trip Japanese wouldn't have cracked my top list of cuisines, but now I'm not so sure. Sushi was never my favorite - I mean, I liked it from time to time - but I was never crazy about it. There's just something different about it in Japan, however. The first time Andrew and I tried it there, in downtown Osaka, the fish seemed to melt in our mouths (yes, that's a good thing). The sushi back home ...
Comments